Wednesday, February 2, 2011

James Franco Hosting Top-Secret Oscars After Party

James+Franco in 17th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards - Arrivals
Actor James Franco arrives at the 17th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards held at The Shrine Auditorium on January 30, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. (Getty Images)more pics »James Franco is going to have a long, long day of excitement when the Academy Awards roll around in late February. On top of hosting duties (and a chance at taking home the Best Oscar prize), he'll be hosting a top-secret after-party after the show wraps up!

James Franco (Bauer Griffin)
He'll also be performing at the shindig. "I'm a partner in a bar that's opening up, and the after-after-after-after-party is going to be at my new bar," Franco revealed this weekend (via People.com).

"It's at a secret location. And that's what I'm looking forward to because I'm going to be singing there at the bar. I'll be singing at the Oscars, but there will be a private performance at my new bar."

Those are all the details Franco will reveal, other than the bar's general location and name. "It's called the Writer's Room," he said. "It's in L.A. That's all I can say because I can't fit everybody. Everybody at the Governors Ball will not fit into my new bar, but it'll be going down."

One person on the guest list will surely be his brother Dave, who will also accompany him to the show, and we're guessing his co-host for the main event, Anne Hathaway, will also be invited. He says things are going well between them as they prepare for the awards.

"The Oscars are a very well produced show and [there's] a big machine behind it, and I think Anne and I fit really well in it," he said. "She probably fits better than I do, but I'm trying to catch up."

No comments:

Post a Comment